- System:can decomposed into subsystem.
- SOS:system of system,when we designed a system we also need to focus on other related systems.
- Iceberg Model:a lot of issue is under iceberg
- The importance of the maintenance and support function.
- The process is occurring with the context of a ‘SOS’.
- The need for a total LIFE CYCLE approach (a gap in the past)
System Engineering as “good engineering”
- TOP DOWN approach. Viewing the system as a whole. Seeing how the parts integrate.
- LIFE CYCLE orientation
- Initial identification of System Requirements. Emphasis on Front End work
System of systems is a collection of task-oriented or dedicated systems that pool their resources and capabilities together to create a new, more complex system which offers more functionality and performance than simply the sum of the constituent systems.